Homework 7 Response

What I can take from Milton Glaser's TED Talk is that when you have an idea for a project, it's never bad to break it down and analyze the idea for all it's worth. When he was trying to make a poster based on the Alexander Pope poem he could not figure out what to make from the idea of the poem. He then broke down the words of the poem and examined all aspects for ideas. His result was a very different poster that somehow ended up working out; even though it strays away from the basic idea of a poster which is to let the image do all the explaining because his poster did some explaining and even gave another solution using the other design he created for the poster. The way he was able to build off of his other design in both that poster and the one he discusses later in the TED Talk in order to create a new perspective was so unique and peculiar. It gives me something to think about; whenever I have a project and I go through multiple ideas, when I pick one I want to go with I'll try not to discard the other potential ideas to see if later I can recycle them to create something new.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Homework 1 Article Response